Alumina Systems presents innovative battery: CeraSalt®
Alumina Systems is presenting its new battery for stationary applications at the "International Sodium Battery Symposium Dresden" on September 4th and 5th, 2023: CeraSalt®.
Benefits of CeraSalt® Batteries:
- CeraSalt® batteries can be scaled as required: from small solutions for single-family homes to 20-foot containers for industrial applications with up to 2 MWh.
- The CeraSalt® cells consist of widely used materials of European origin (no lithium, no cobalt).
- Battery efficiency > 80% in standard cycle.
- They are 100% downcyclable
- CeraSalt® storage tanks are intrinsically safe (non-flammable, non-explosive).
- CeraSalt® storage tanks do not require any additional structural measures (no fire protection, no temperature control, no ventilation).
- CeraSalt® batteries can be placed almost anywhere - it has to be dry (basement, garage, shed, attic etc.).
- CeraSalt® batteries also run at extreme temperatures from -20° to +60° C.
- CeraSalt® batteries can be completely discharged or sent into “hibernation” for the winter months
- CeraSalt® batteries have a service life of at least 15 years and are maintenance-free.
- CeraSalt® batteries are extremely robust and have a high energy density.
The CeraSalt® Na/NiCl2 battery is suitable for all stationary applications, e.g.
CeraSalt® Home: as a home storage solution for photovoltaic systems in single-family or multi-family houses. Market launch planned for the end of Q1/2024.
CeraSalt® Pro: as a modular rack installation and as large storage units in shipping containers for storage, peak shifting and peak storage in wind farms and solar fields. Market launch planned for the end of Q2/2024.
CeraSalt® UPS: as an uninterruptible power supply, e.g. in telecommunications, in hospitals and in critical infrastructure (e.g. public administrations, emergency control centers, municipal utilities, etc.). The market launch is planned for the end of 2024.
You can download the English-language folder as a PDF via this link. .